In Order to realise direct dispensing, Häcker Automation has developed the direct dispensing unit DDU, which is shown in Fig. 1. The direct dispensing unit provides a defined and constant amount of material for the application on a component. In Fig. 2 the dispensing of SMD adhesive with a cross structure is shown. The component is still above the film.
This is guaranteed by the following features:
- a specially shaped squeegee including material reservoir,
- a rotational movement of the carrier material (foil) for a uniform material distribution,
- a height adjustment of the squeegee for a defined layer thickness of the material,
- creating a defined material shape on the workpiece using a customizable, vacuum-based relief mold under the substrate of the substance.
- Definition of the structuring time of the carrier material (film) for partial and full-surface wetting
 Patent Application DE000010145396A1
 Patent Specification DE000010145396B4
 Internationale Patent Application WO002002022278A2
 Internationale Patent Application WO002002022278A3
Fig. 1 A direct dispensing unit
Fig. 2 direct dispensing of SMD adhesive with crosswise structured form tool